LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT x2
Hearing Impaired Resource – Signing skills are essential
Term time only – from September 2019
25 hrs (or job share considered for mornings or afternoons only with shared lunchtimes)
WBC Pay Grade 4 £19,554 – £21,166 (pro-rata)
We are looking to appoint two full time (or job share)experienced learning support assistant’s to support our hearing impaired children from September. The hearing impaired resource is a provision delivered across Emmbrook Infant and Junior schools. You will be joining a committed and enthusiastic team who have considerable experience of working with hearing impaired pupils. Your role will be to continue the support and learning of the hearing impaired children alongside and in consultation with other school staff. We are a total communication setting and communicate with children in their preferred method of communication. Signing skills are therefore essential.
The ideal candidate:
- will have a flexible approach to meeting the individual needs of each child
- will have a genuine enthusiasm and commitment for working with hearing impaired children of all abilities
- will support the excellent provision currently delivered across both schools
- is highly motivated and would like to be part of our small, hardworking school family
- has excellent communication and organisational skills
- is committed to team work and maintaining high standards
- has high expectations for pupils’ achievement, progress and behaviour
In return we offer:
- welcoming and supportive schools
- supportive and friendly teams of staff and governors
- a strong ethos based on shared values and high expectations
If you have a passion for supporting children’s learning, have an enthusiastic, caring yet firm attitude and the ability to be flexible and work as part of a supportive team, we would love to hear from you.
For an application form and job description, please email Mrs J Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 28thJune 2019.
Interviews can be arranged at short notice
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance being received.